There have been widely publicised concerns about children having access to undesirable materials on the internet. We understand these concerns and have a policy in place to minimise the risks and ensure the appropriate and safe use of the internet by our pupils.
Our Rules for Use of the Internet
- I will only use my own logins and passwords, which I will keep secret;
- I understand that for my own safety I am not allowed to use the internet unsupervised;
- I will report any unpleasant material to a member of staff immediately because this will help protect other pupils and myself;
- I will not complete and send online forms without permission from a member of staff;
- I will not download or upload any files without permission from a member of staff;
- The e-mail messages I send will be polite and responsible;
- I understand the e-mail messages I send or receive may be read by staff;
- I will only e-mail people my teacher has approved;
- I will not give personal details (as discussed in e-safety lessons) in any email;
- I will immediately report any unpleasant messages sent to me to a member of staff;
- I will always log off after using a password protected site;
- I understand that information I find may not be accurate and may need to be checked.
If you would like to know more about safe internet use for your home computers, further information is available from:
There are many other sites which offer advice, but this could be a good starting point.
The Police's CEOP website has a wealth of information for parents about the very serious issues surrounding our children's internet safety.
EST E Safety Training: "The Two Johns"